A Little About Myself
From a very young age two things have quite literally saved my life and made it worthwhile, music and books. Storytelling telling came before the books, but the books expanded my imagination even further. Put simply I loved stories and a created over thirty of them when I was a child. With that came writing, the freedom and identity I found in it.
Then there is music, specifically rock and heavy metal, it brought concepts and thoughts into my life that I never would have had. Took me off the streets. Saved me from suicide and held me up when I needed the strength to carry on in difficulty. It even carved and sculpted my identity. For the first time I found a place that understood me, accepted me and soothed my pain.
So clearly I would die for music, books and writing.
About the Blog
The blog started out as place for me to talk about my books and discuss my work “Before the Cult”, an author platform type of thing but it has expanded to more than that.
Here is few things that you can expect from this blog, all inspired by my passions.
- Reviews, I have done reviews and I keep doing reviews and I always will. You can expect me to review books and music. Yep, you heard me right. I love music and books, I think the two make interesting companions so I don’t see the need to give each its own blog.
I will be taking review requests, contact info is below.
- Writing advice, now and then I will post some writing insights or advice I have. Something I regard worth thinking about or helpful. I will also just discuss writing in general.
- Commentary, I will offer my opinions on events past and current and possible events and more.
- Share ideas, thoughts and theories.
- Share my experiences, both personal and professional.
- Do book discussions and update readers on my work.
- Post any work of mine or another, whoever is interested.
- Write arguments and blog post responses.
For any queries, thoughts and a ton more you can contact me at any of these places, email taking first preference:
Follow me on twitter here
Like my Facebook page here